Babson College is a private business school in Wellesley, Massachusetts, established in 1919. Its central focus on entrepreneurship education has made it the top entrepreneurship college in the United States.
Babson offers bachelor's degrees in business administration, and students have the opportunity to declare concentrations in more than twenty-five areas of study. The College also offers master's degrees in business administration, accounting, entrepreneurial leadership, and management. Often referred to as the "Entrepreneur's College," Babson is known for immersing its students in the entrepreneurial lifestyle and culture. Babson currently offers nearly fifty-five entrepreneurship-related undergraduate courses. These courses are taught in tandem with traditional liberal arts courses, which are over sixty percent of the typical student's schedule. Every entrepreneurship course at Babson is taught by professors who have started, sold, bought, or run successful businesses. Babson currently has an undergraduate acceptance rate of 26%.
Babson College has consistently appeared on the U.S. News & World Report rankings as the number one college in entrepreneurship education for nearly three decades. In 2014, CNN's Money Magazine named Babson the number one college in the country for value, and in 2015, the magazine ranked it second for value. In 2015, The Economist ranked Babson second on its list of best colleges and universities in outperforming earnings expectations. Babson's MBA program has also been ranked number one in entrepreneurship for over twenty years by U.S. News & World Report. Babson's alumni include five living billionaires.
Babson is the educator, convener and thought leader for Entrepreneurship of All Kinds®.
An independent, not-for-profit institution, Babson is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and the EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). In the 2014–2015 academic year, more than 2,100 undergraduate and 900 graduate students are attending Babson, representing more than 80 countries.
As creators and conveners of knowledge about entrepreneurship, Babson distinguishes itself with:
- An Undergraduate School that provides a top-flight business education blending innovative, integrated and applied business and liberal arts programs with curricular and cocurricular learning experiences.
- The F.W. Olin Graduate School of Business, that grants highly ranked MBA and MS degrees.
- An Executive Education program for professionals looking to grow in today’s rapidly evolving business environment.
- A world-class faculty with real-world experience—87% of our full-time faculty hold a doctoral degree or its equivalent, and are accomplished entrepreneurs, executives, scholars, authors, researchers, poets, and artists.
- Global research projects that are used as key benchmarking indicators by a number of distinguished regional, national, and supranational authorities around the world.
- Babson Global which works with corporate, university, government, and foundation partners to advance entrepreneurship education and Entrepreneurial Thought and Action® worldwide.
The Babson College is a Private university located in Wellesley.
The Babson College was founded in 1919.
The current president of Babson College is Kerry Healey.