|University Motto||"Embrace the spirit of teaching and learning"|
|President||Anita M. Berger|
|Year of establishment||1981|
|Address||800 Euclid Street NW, Washington, DC 20001|
|City||Washington, DC, District of Columbia|
Benjamin Banneker Academy High School
The high school's name commemorates Benjamin Banneker, an African-American scientist, surveyor, almanac author and farmer. In 1980, the school was converted to a magnet high school for academics. The school is colloquially referred to by students and faculty as "Banneker."
Benjamin Banneker's mission is:
- To develop our students’ life-long skills for learning, sound moral character, and regard for the welfare of the community;
- To equip our students with a variety of educational tools needed to achieve academic excellence;
- To ensure students' preparation for, and admission to, a four year college or university;
- To prepare students for future leadership roles;
- And to empower students to compete globally.
The Benjamin Banneker Academy High School is a Public university located in Washington, DC.
The Benjamin Banneker Academy High School was founded in 1981.
The current president of Benjamin Banneker Academy High School is Anita M. Berger.