|Year of establishment||1938|
|Address||75 West 205th Street, Bronx, New York 10468|
|City||New York, New York|
Bronx High School of Science
Bronx Science was founded in 1938 as a specialized science and math high school for boys, by resolution of the Board of Education of the City of New York, with Morris Meister as the first principal of the school.
Bronx Science offers all of the AP courses, except for AP German Language and Culture. The courses include:
- English – AP English Literature and Composition, AP English Language and Composition
- Social Sciences – AP U.S. History, AP European History, AP World History (2 Years), AP U.S. Government & Politics, AP Microeconomics, AP Macroeconomics, AP Micro/Macroeconomics, AP Comparative Government & Politics with Economics, AP United States Government & Politics with Economics, AP Human Geography
- Mathematics – AP Calculus AB, AP Calculus BC, AP Statistics, AP Computer Science
- Science – AP Biology, AP Environmental Science, AP Psychology, AP Chemistry, AP Physics 1&2 (without Calculus), AP Physics C (with Calculus)
- Language – AP Spanish Language, AP Spanish Literature, AP French Language and Culture, AP Italian Language and Culture, AP Latin (Caesar and Virgil), AP Chinese Language and Culture, AP Japanese Language and Culture
- Arts – AP Studio Art, AP Art History, AP Music Theory
Frequently cited as the most renowned high school in America, the Bronx High School of Science attracts an intellectually gifted blend of culturally, ethnically and economically diverse students. Scienceites, as the school's students are known, are supported by an actively involved Parents' Association, Alumni Foundation, and a core of skilled teachers who excel at their craft. Our students are proud of their school's alumni, who include eight Nobel Prize winners, the first African-American neurosurgeon, countless authors, lawyers, physicians, educators, artists, entertainers and leaders in business and government.
- Global History
- U.S. History
- Integrated Algebra, Geometry, and Algebra 2 & Trigonometry
- a Regents in any World Language
The Bronx High School of Science is a Public university located in New York.
The Bronx High School of Science was founded in 1938.
The current president of Bronx High School of Science is Morris Meister.